THE LOCAL RESTAURANT - WARUNG BETAWI

I never count calories, but I eat so well - Alicia Silverstone

I am thankful to have such incredible people in my life, who has the same hobby with me. Some of them like to eat and take pictures. 

This week, I have an experience with some friends to eat out at Gerobak Betawi - Sunter in North Jakarta. It's the newest outlet they have, among the other 2 places. Since this one is closer to my house, therefore I choose this one. 
The Interior at the Veranda

The place is very comfortable and the interior very comfortable look. They have two areas for smokers at the verandah, and the other one is air conditioned. Being here with friends was like you're inviting them to your home, not a restaurant, because of the interior. 

The high ceilings give some rooms for the wind, and even though Jakarta is a little bit hot, they put an electric fan up above to cool us.  

At least that's what I feel since I'm not really a big fan of an air-conditioned room. But, for those who cannot stand being outside because of the humidity a little bit high, you're more than welcome to eat inside.

The inside interior is even cooler than the outside.

I arrived earlier than the rest of my friends, of course. So, I asked for the menu. Since it's a bit hot and a little bit lost when I get here, I need a drink. Something with ice and not too sweet. Then I suddenly I really want to drink 'cendol' a perfect drink for me as a welcome drink, I might say.

What is cendol? It's a dark-green pulpy dish of rice or sago flour worms with coconut milk and syrup of areca sugar, and this one they add cubic cutting of jackfruit. 

It's very refreshing to be able to drink this in the middle of the day and just pretend this is the appetizer before the big meal is served.

I also order this teapot of tea, because at this kind of restaurant they served the best tea in the house. It smells good, bitter and they use the 'stone sugar' not the regular one you use to have, using paper wraps or even melted sugar.

I also love all the menu, you cannot stop to try everything on the menu. Perfectly cooked! Especially the 'nasi kucing' it's a small size of rice with some spicy chicken or fish with some spices. It's sooo good! If you happen to be around the area, please stop by to come and try to eat here. They open until midnight daily. 

Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things Chaim Potok -

You're more than welcome to call and reserve if you're going to have some sort of event here. Celebrating birthday or reunion, like I did.
Thank you to Mr. Eiricson for having us!
For more information:

Gerobak Betawi - Sunter
Ruko Sunter Paradise
Jl. Danau Sunter Utara Blok R No.51
Jakarta Utara
Tel: (+6221) 640-2220
Hours: 07:30 - 24:00 WIB - daily

Share:

0 comments